The Chinese Communist Party is determined to reshape the world in its image. The party is not interested in democracy. It sees only a bitter ideological struggle with the West, dividing the world into those who can be won over, and enemies. Many political and business elites have already been lured to their corner; others are weighing up a devil’s bargain.
Through its enormous economic power and covert influence operations, China is now weakening global institutions, aggressively targeting individual corporations, and threatening freedom of expression from the arts to academia. At the same time, Western security services are increasingly worried about incursions into our communications infrastructure.
To shed light on these issues, MLI is hosting the digital launch for Clive Hamilton and Mareike Ohlberg’s new landmark book, Hidden Hand: Exposing How the Chinese Communist Party is Reshaping the World.
At this online event, authors Hamilton and Ohlberg will be discussing the Chinese Communist Party’s global program of subversion and the threat it poses to democracy, including Canada’s, with MLI Senior Fellow Charles Burton.
- Time: 4 pm – 5:15 pm EDT (convert to your local time here)
- Date: Thursday, June 25, 2020
- Location: This is an online event. We will share the link with registered attendees.
- Brian Lee Crowley, MLI’s Managing Director
- Dean Baxendale, President and Publisher, Optimum Publishing International
- Clive Hamilton, co-author of Hidden Hand: Exposing How the Chinese Communist Party is Reshaping the World and author of Silent Invasion: China’s influence in Australia
- Mareike Ohlberg, co-author of Hidden Hand: Exposing How the Chinese Communist Party is Reshaping the World
- Charles Burton, MLI Senior Fellow
Book Launch Special
Purchase a printed copy of Hidden Hand: Exposing How the Chinese Communist Party is Reshaping the World and get a free copy of the e-book and free shipping and handling on your printed book ( $31.95 in savings total!)
- Want the book launch special? Click here.
- Just want a printed copy? Click here.
- Just want a digital copy? Click here.
I would like to ask a question to be answered by the panel. How can I do that?
We recommend submitting questions to the panelists before the event using this form: https://forms.gle/nv8AmB2pqW5hDCnn9
By using this form, you will help us keep all of the questions together in one place. We will get through as many questions as time allows during the event.
How can I attend this event?
This will be an online-only event. To attend, please register here and you will be sent the link to the live video feed. A reminder email will be sent two hours before the event begins, and this email will also contain the link to the event video.
What if I can’t attend the event at the scheduled time?
A link to the event video will be emailed to all registrants after the event ends, so you will be able to watch the recording later.
Are there any special offers available on the book?
Yes, absolutely – we have negotiated a book launch special with the publishing company. More details are available in the “Book Launch Special” section above.