As Canada’s policy-makers continue to struggle to contain COVID-19, they must also prepare to move to a more sustainable long-term solution to the pandemic. In doing so, they will need to seek the best advice from around the world on measures for testing, contract tracing, quarantine, and caring for COVID-19 victims, all while preserving the health care system and starting to re-open the economy.
While this is no small task, the experience of other jurisdictions suggests that it can be done. As MLI’s policy work has highlighted, Taiwan, for example, has had an exemplary record despite being sidelined by the World Health Organization. Taiwan has much to teach us if we would only listen. We have also seen positive developments and innovative practices in South Korea and Denmark as well.
For this webinar event, MLI has brought together perspectives from leading medical experts, international affairs experts and diplomats to comment on the situation in Taiwan, South Korea, Denmark and elsewhere, so we can all learn from each other and seek the best ways forward.
- Time: 9 am-10 am EDT (convert to your local time here)
- Date: Friday April 24, 2020
- Location: This is an online event. We will share the link with registered attendees.
- Audrey Tang, Taiwan Digital Minister (video address) (invited)
- Professor Peter Chang, MD, Adjunct Prof Tufts Univ Medical School; Ombudsman, Taiwan
- Dr. Tina J. Park, Vice-President, NATO Association of Canada
- Dr. Balkan Devlen, Associate Professor, University of Copenhagen and MLI Senior Fellow
- Dr. Shawn Whatley, MLI Senior Fellow
How can I attend this event?
This will be an online-only event. To attend, please register here and you will be sent the link to the live video feed. A reminder email will be sent two hours before the event begins, and this email will also contain the link to the event video.
I would like to ask a question to be answered by the panel. How can I do that?
You can submit questions to the panelists before the event or during the event through this form: https://forms.gle/jfFJq4NrWWA4ohvy8
By using this form, you will help us keep all of the questions together in one place. We will get through as many questions as time allows during the event.