Canadians need to understand the profound transformations underway in the energy sector and the emergence of Indigenous peoples, governments and businesses as major players in the oil and gas economy. While important issues remain unresolved, the prospect of Indigenous ownership in pipelines, major equity investments in supply chain infrastructure, and ongoing Indigenous engagement in policy and business development, are potentially tremendously positive. The future of a major sector of the natural resource economy rests on the quality and nature of Indigenous engagement.
Please join us as the Macdonald-Laurier Institute convenes an important discussion about the accomplishments to date, Indigenous interest in expanded engagement, and opportunities for long-term collaboration and partnerships.
- Tabatha Bull, Chief Operating Officer, Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business in Toronto
- Brian Schmidt, President & CEO of Tamarack Valley Energy
- Chief Delbert Wapass, founder of Project Reconciliation
- Ken Coates, MLI Munk Senior Fellow
- Location: The Music Room, Kildare House, 323 Chapel St. Ottawa
- Date: September 19, 2019
- Time: Registration at 9:30 am; event begins at 10:00 am and concludes at 12 pm
Is advance registration required for this event?
Yes, please register in advance through Eventbrite if you would like to attend the event.
Is the venue close to public transit?
Yes, the following bus routes come close to the venue:
- Bus 19 – Stop located at Laurier & Chapel (1 minute walk)
- Bus 16 – Stop located at Chapel & Somerset (4 minute walk)
- Bus 7 – Stop located at Rideau & Friel (9 minute walk)
What are my parking options?
We will try to obtain a special occasion parking permit from the City, which will enable overtime parking (where parking is permitted) in select areas near the venue. If this permit is approved, full details will be sent to all registered attendees shortly before the event.
Free street parking is also available for up to 3 hours on the following streets nearby (please note the time limits posted):
- Wilbrod St
- Nelson St (near Laurier)
- Goulbourn Ave
- Malborough Ave
- Osgood St (near Goulbourn Ave)
- Mann Ave. (between Russell and King Edward Ave.)
Paid parking is available nearby at the following locations:
- Loblaws Rideau ($9.00 per day, 10 minute walk)
- University of Ottawa Brooks Garage ($17.00 per day, 12 minute walk)
- Rideau Centre ($20.00 per day, 15 minute walk).
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
If you have any questions, please contact Allison at firstname.lastname@example.org.