Join MLI Munk Senior Fellow Shawn Whatley and a distinguished panel of health care experts for a lively discussion about his new book on Canadian health care.
- Time: 2 pm – 3:30 pm EST
- Date: December 14, 2020
- Brian Lee Crowley, MLI’s Managing Director
- Dean Baxendale, President and Publisher, Optimum Publishing International
Book Reading by
- Shawn Whatley, MLI Munk Senior Fellow and author of When Politics Comes Before Patients: Why and How Canadian Medicare is Failing
- Pat Rich, health care journalist and commentator; former editor-in-chief, The Medical Post, and publisher, CMAJ
- Dr. David Jacobs, Chair, Ontario Specialists Association; co-founder, Coalition of Ontario Doctors; Vice-President, Ontario Association of Radiologists
- Dr. Hal Berman, palliative care physician, former federal NDP candidate
- Shawn Whatley, MLI Munk Senior Fellow and author of When Politics Comes Before Patients: Why and How Canadian Medicare is Failing (moderator)
Book Launch Special
Purchase a signed and numbered copy of When Politics Comes Before Patients: Why and How Canadian Medicare is Failing and get a free copy of the e-book. Cost: $44.95 CAD (Regular price: $62.95 CAD)
I would like to ask a question to be answered by the panel. How can I do that?
We recommend submitting questions to the panelists before the event using this form: https://forms.gle/Q8c1Mcdv34X8YSad6
By using this form, you will help us keep all of the questions together in one place. We will get through as many questions as time allows during the event.
How can I attend this event?
This will be an online-only event. To attend, please register here and you will be sent the link to the live video feed. A reminder email will be sent two hours before the event begins, and this email will also contain the link to the event video.
What if I can’t attend the event at the scheduled time?
A link to the event video will be emailed to all registrants after the event ends, so you will be able to watch the recording later.
Are there any special offers available on the book?
Yes, absolutely – we have negotiated a book launch special with the publishing company. More details are available in the “Book Launch Special” section above.